988. Safest approach to a patient presenting with pain about a cast / If relieving pressure does not improve pain, consider what? / Classic recommendation for ice application duration / Contraindications to cryotherapy (ice)
987. What is a fracture blister? Locations? What might it fortell? // Complications of immobility / Where do walking heels go on a walking cast?
986. RSD s/sx, Rx // Fat embolism syndrome: what is it? S/sx, Rx
984. Causes of compartment syndrome / Signs & symptoms
985. Complications of compartment syndrome / Bones at special risk for avascular necrosis // What is complex regional pain syndrome? / What can precipitate it?
983. Normal compartment pressure & key pressure numbers in compartment syndrome / Elevate extremity? / What % compartment syndrome patients have soft tissue injury without fracture?
982. Nerve injury associated with elbow fracture, shoulder dislocation, sacral #, acetabulum #, hip dislocation, femoral shaft #, knee dislocation, lateral tibial plateau # // Complications of vascular injuries /// safety of nerve blocks in various fractures
nerve blocks in fractures
Who to block and who not to block? #SonoAus16 pic.twitter.com/p4Lxj4cmA3
— Cian McDermott (@cianmcdermott) August 22, 2016
981. Management of open fractures / Complications of fractures
980. Valgus vs. varus / How to describe the direction of angulation / Causes of pathologic fractures / Nutrient artery vs. fracture