167. African hemorrhagic fevers features / S/sx influenza / Most common serious complication of flu / CDC isolation precautions for communicable diseases / MMC Isolation Precautions
CDC Isolation Recommendations Summary and summary pdf and comprehensive recommendations pdf.
MMC Isolation Recommendations
Strict Contact: gown, gloves, bleach wipes – candida auris, emerging organism
Contact: gown, gloves – MDROs (MRSA, ESBL, CRE), RSV, Human Metapneumovirus, Lice/Scabies/Bed Bugs, C diff, Rotavirus/Norovirus, Salmonella, Shigella
Contact + Droplet: gown, gloves, surgical mask – enterovirus/rhinovirus, adenovirus, coronavirus (peds)
Airborne: respiratory (N95) mask – TB, measles
Droplet: surgical mask – influenza, mumps, pertussis, bacterial meningitis, rubella, mycoplasma
Contact+Airborne: gown, gloves, N95 mask – chicken pox (varicella), zoster (disseminated shingles only) localized shingles is standard precautions
94. Proportion of LGIB that present with melena / Dx to exclude in hematochezia / % of patients who bleed from same site as previous GIB
93. Stool occult blood false positives / false negatives
92. Marker between upper and lower GI tract / Reason blood turns to coffee grounds / Amount of blood required to produce melena
91. Complications of placing an NGT / Proper technique for gastric lavage (for tox) / NAC protocol
Also, totally misplaced NYPCC NAC APAP Acetadote Protocol for tylenol acetaminophen overdose here.